The 2014 Painting and Decorating Expo is looking for the latest information from the coatings application industry. If you or your company has information to share with contractors, please click the star on the right to submit an abstract. The deadline for abstract submissions is September 30th, 2013. If you have questions please contact us: (800) 332-7322 x 222 or email@example.com.
Before submitting an abstract, interested presenters must read the Speaker Guidelines below. The guidelines include important details about the event before committing as a potential presenter for the 2014 Expo.
Please note, the 2014 PDCA Education Committee will be involved in the presenter selection process. It is possible the committee will reach out to you seeking additional information in regards to your abstract.
If you are selected to present at the 2014 Expo, you will be asked to provide PDCA with an article relative to your presentation. We will begin marketing your presentation to our membership in early fall. You will be contacted by PDCA staff should we need this information from you.
2014 Expo Speaker Guidelines
- Presentations will take place on Thurs., March 13, Friday, March 14 and Saturday, March 15
- Presentations are expected to be 75 minutes in length (longer sessions will be considered)
- Presentation files must be in Microsoft PowerPoint format (.ppt or .pps).
- Speakers will receive complimentary Expo registration on the day of their presentation or full event registration for $199.00. (PENDING BUDGET) PDCA National does not provide additional monetary compensation to presenters.
The list below contains suggested/recommended topics for presentations. Other topics will be considered upon submission.
Presentation Schedule Overview
Classes will be scheduled during the following dates and times. Up to five (5) sessions will take place simultaneously during each time slot. Schedule is subject to change.
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 I 8am – 9:15am
- Thursday, March 13, 2012 I 9:30am – 10:45am
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 I 2pm – 3:15pm
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 I 3:30pm – 4:45pm
- Friday, March 14, 2014 I 9am – 10:15am
- Saturday, March 15, 2014 I 8am – 9:15am
- Saturday, March 15, 2014 I 9:30am – 10:45am
- Saturday, March 15, 2014 I 1:30pm – 2:45pm
Standard Presentation Room Equipment
Classrooms at the 2014 Painting & Decorating Expo will provide the following resources for speakers. Items not listed here will be considered when requested by a presenter but their availability is not guaranteed. Rooms will be arranged in “Classroom” setting providing a seat and table for attendees. Note: Education schedule is subject to change.
- PC (running Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Lavalier Microphone
- LCD Projector and Screen
Presenter Quality Commitment Statement
If selected to speak at the 2014 Painting & Decorating Expo, speakers/presenters agree to uphold PDCA’s Quality Commitment Statement.
PDCA – Contractor College: Presenter Quality Commitment Statement
(For all PDCA/Contractor College Courses)
This quality commitment statement is designed to maintain the highest quality of educational standards. The benefits of a quality commitment include:
- The Presenter’s personal and professional reputation as a resource for quality education and information will be maintained.
- The Provider organization will be recognized as an excellent, unbiased source of education for members who participate in Contractor College.
- The PDCA/Contractor College Provider Network will maintain its stature and credibility with members as a primary source for continuing education as it relates to Accreditation.
- Members participating in Contractor College will continue to receive the quality education they have come to expect from PDCA programs.
- To ensure these benefits are accomplished, I agree to:
- Deliver the registered course, as approved by PDCA/Contractor College, without endorsement, bias, marketing or sales orientation.
- Ensure that company logos, product name and branding are limited.
- Recognize that any information and handouts distributed are done with the intent to reinforce the learning objectives.
- Deliver the course as it relates to the learning objectives.
- Strive to make the presentation and materials as accurate, appropriate, and interesting as possible within the timeframe for which the course was registered.
- Refrain from soliciting contact information from members for the sole purpose of marketing your product or service.