2014 Expo Schedule
The 2014 Painting & Decorating Expo will take place March 12-15, 2014 at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno. This annual event features more than 40 education sessions, an interactive trade show of 50+ exhibitors and exciting evening networking events.
The 2014 Expo will feature several new components, including:
- A Wed.-Sat. format
- One-day, action packed trade show
- Exciting evening awards banquet
- And, much more!
Schedule of Events
(Click on bolded events for more information)
Wednesday, March 12
PDCA Board of Director’s Meeting (8am–5pm)
Contractor College Accelerated Accreditation (8am–5pm)
BOD Lunch (12-1pm)
2014 Expo Registration Opens (2-6pm)
PDCA Leadership Reception (6-7:30pm) – Invite Only. Remember to pick your invitation up at the Registration Desk
Education Foundation’s Texas Hold’Em Tournament (7:30-10pm)
Thursday, March 13
Registration Open (6am-5pm)
Breakfast of National Champions (7-8am)
Contractor College Education Sessions (8-10:45am)*
Union Contractors (9:15-11:30 am)
Opening Session Lunch & Keynote Speaker (11:30am-1:30pm)
Contractor College Education Sessions (2-4:45pm)*
Emerging Leaders (3:30-5:30 pm)
Benjamin Moore Evening Reception (6:30-9:30pm) at Aces Ballpark
*Contractor College Education Sessions
- The Most Overlooked Management Success Key for Multimillion Dollar Business Success – Bill Silverman, Springboard Business Coaching
- Avoiding Paint Failures – Bob Cusamano, Coatings Consultants
- Estimating from Digital Plans – Lynn Fife, PDCA & Evergreen Technology
- The DIY’er, BIY’er, and the Professional Painter: How and Why Paint Purchase, Application, and Preference is Changing – Debbie Zimmer, Paint Quality Institute
- Today’s Needs for the Commercial Contractor Member Panel – Ken Palazzo, KC Paint Company, Inc.
- Putting Things in Your Favor: What’s Your Number? – Brian Loy, Sage Financial Advisors
- The Basics of HR: How to Properly Hire, Manage and Terminate Employees Without Breaking the Law – Jamie M. Hasty, SESCO Management Consultants
- Where Are Your Customers Looking For You? – Jeff Winter, Sherwin-Williams Co.
- Stages of Growth: Cracking the Million Dollar Code – Linnea Blair, Advisors on Target
- “Master” Contractors Teaching Young Contractors, PDCA Member Panel
- Practical Use of COP’s to Increase Profitability – Steve Talkington, Lancaster Painting
- How to Be “In Demand” – Terry Begue, Begue Painting, Inc.
- LEED V4 and the Coatings Industry – Craig Bunting, Benjamin Moore & Co. The US Green Building Council
- How Millenials and Generation X are Changing the Way You Do Business – Milena Regos, Out & About Marketing
- Don’t Lose Another Sale – Art Snarzyk
- QuickBooks for Painters and Decorators – Crystal George, Intuit, Inc.
- Healthcare Reform: 2014 and Beyond. What Employers Really Need to Know – Jamie M. Hasty, SESCO Management Consultants
- Crew Leader Training – Lynn Fife, PDCA & Evergreen Technologies
- RRP Residential Update & Pending Commercial Expansion – Mark Casale, Hingham Painting & Decorating and Randy Fornoff, MTS Painging and Property Services, Inc.
- Leveraging Negotiation Skills to Better Your Business – Doug Trenary, Fast Tracks, Inc.
Friday, March 14
Registration open – (6am – 5pm)
Annual Member’s Meeting and Breakfast (7:30-9am)
Contractor College Education Session (9-10:15am)*
Leadership Program (1-3pm)
Sherwin-Williams Evening Reception (6:30-9pm) at the National Automobile Museum
*Contractor College Education Session
- OSHA: Safety and Health Awareness – A Practical Approach – Alberto M. Garcia, Nevada OSHA Safety Consultation and Training Section
- Systematized Training: The Key to Your Company’s Profitability – Johne Neubert, Neubert Painting, Inc.
- How to Build Your Own In-House Safety System – Michael Sicking, Safety International
- How Contact Management Software Fits Into your Business Operations – Judy Thornell, President Baytek, LLC and Don Grubor, President Effective Solutions
- Technology Tips for Painters – PDCA Member Panel
Saturday, March 15
Registration Open (6am-3pm)
Contractor College Education Sessions (8am-12:15 pm)*
Summary Session Lunch (12:30pm-2pm)
Mandatory DOT Compliance Training (2:15-4:15pm)
PWP Brush Application Course (3-4:30pm)
PDCA $Million+ Business Group Roundtable (4:15– 5:15pm)
Paint Ball: Expo Closing Celebration (6-9:30pm)
*Contractor College Education Sessions
- How to Even the Odds When Contracting High Risk/High Profit Work. Don’t Be a Gambler! (part one of a two part session) – Ronald W. Yarbrough, Pro-Spec Painting
- Marketing & the New Customer: Navigating the New Marketplace - Suhaiba Neill, John Neill Painting
- “Game Changer” Business Breakthrough Workshop – Bill Silverman, Springboard Business Coaching
- Understanding and Applying PDCA’s Newest Standards – Bob Cusumano, Coatings Consultants
- Tracking Employee Production – Lynn Fife, PDCA & Evergreen Technology
- A Contractor’s Diary of the Dirty Little Secrets for Successful Contract Litigation (part two of a two part session.) – Ronald W. Yarbrough, Pro-Spec Painting
- Estimate Faster With Templates – Marge Parkhurst, PEP Associates, LLC
- What You Must Know As Your Business Grows – Leigh-Ann Zaharevich
- Craftsman’s Tips: Demonstration of the Top 10 – Charley Gilley, Restoration Painting, LLC
- Buying or Selling a Painting Business? – PDCA Member Panel
- Harnessing the Digital Landscape: How to Effectively Leverage SEO and Social Media for Small Business Success – Mika Carter, Behr Process Corporation
- Paint Care: Recycling – Marjaneh Zarrehaparvar
- Estimating for a Profit – Lynn Fife, PDCA & Evergreen Technology
- Leveling the Playing Field: Women in Leadership Roles 101 – Darylene Dennon, Solid Energy, Inc.
- Growing the Commercial Painting Company: Starting Local but Reaching for Regional and National Markets – PDCA Member Panel
Sunday, March 16
Craftsmanship Forum Conference (7am-4pm)
Schedule is subject to change.